Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damages respecting % Immune, and physical damage caps.

2 posters

Go down

Damages respecting % Immune, and physical damage caps. Empty Damages respecting % Immune, and physical damage caps.

Post by Lazarus Magni Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:50 pm

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on these.

1) Elemental/Energy damage applied to the character (like say from divine might) ignores % immune on targets (and resists I think.) Is there anyway to fix this?

2) Physical damage seems to be capped at 100 + str mod on physical attacks (not spells). Even though using CEP (I believe) you can give up to 40d20 slashing dmg on a sword for example, no matter what it will only do a max of 100 (+str mod) dmg. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by Lazarus Magni on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lazarus Magni

Back to top Go down

Damages respecting % Immune, and physical damage caps. Empty Re: Damages respecting % Immune, and physical damage caps.

Post by Baragg Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm

I had never noticed those things but I don't particullarly look for things like that. The elemental/energy dmg applies 100% of the damage?

Baragg

http://www.smnwn.com

Back to top Go down

Damages respecting % Immune, and physical damage caps. Empty Re: Damages respecting % Immune, and physical damage caps.

Post by Lazarus Magni Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:00 am

Not when it's on a weapon, but when it is applied to a toon itself, like in the case of divine might, it does.

Lazarus Magni

Back to top Go down

Post by Baragg Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:10 am

I don't know if CEP may have a work around on the dmg max thing, just off the top of my head the idea of having a check to determine the amount of dmg actually applied then reapplying more dmg till the desired amount is reached but that could get hairy.

Baragg

http://www.smnwn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazarus Magni Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Well as mentioned in problem #2 CEP (pretty sure it is CEP doing this, we use 2.3) allows up to 40d20 for a dmg type on a weapon. The problem is, if you have say 40d20 slashing dmg, it caps at base weapon dmg + str bonus + 100 physical dmg (from the 40d20) capped + and elemental/energy dmg on the weapon, which kinda makes 40d20 pointless (for the physical dmgs, elemental/energy are apparently uncapped). Was just wondering if the CEP team was aware of this, and had any solution for it?

Lazarus Magni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum