DM Client not working correctly with 2.4

Go down

DM Client not working correctly with 2.4 Empty DM Client not working correctly with 2.4

Post by Grizzt on Fri May 15, 2015 6:57 pm

I have a large PW which was converted from 2.3 to 2.4. It is hosted on a Public IP Dedicated NWN server. I can host on my private LAN and everything works great. Once I run it on the Public IP Server, I can log in as a player but not as a DM. If it is a resource issue, how come I don't have a problem hosting on my private LAN with remote DM clients? Also, the reason I believe it is CEP or resource related is that I can log in fully as a DM on a non CEP module with no problems. So when I login to the Public server hosting my module, I can see my DM Char list and select the char. The initial starting area starts to load and stops at about 80%. Then the server times out. Anyone have any ideas to help me? If I need to thin out resources, then please let me know the best way to do this. I have removed as many cep HAKs from the module that I could already.

Grizzt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DM Client not working correctly with 2.4 Empty Re: DM Client not working correctly with 2.4

Post by Grizzt on Sun May 17, 2015 12:08 am

It seemed to be the vfx 2da file in cep23_top hak. Once I removed it everything worked fine for the DM client. Is this a known issue?

Grizzt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DM Client not working correctly with 2.4 Empty Re: DM Client not working correctly with 2.4

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:25 pm

I have not heard of this sort of issue being caused by a vfx 2da file. As far as I know, version 2.4 was working properly (it's not a version I worked on or will be working on).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Custom Content Wyrm: CEP 2.60+

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down