Can’t load DM Client [solved, kept for reference]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can’t load DM Client [solved, kept for reference]

Post by mannedoc on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Hello, i just returned to NWN and building, love CEP content, had being my favorite since the beginning, congratulations for the great work you’ve done.

I have an issue, I can log into the CEP modules as player with no problems at all, but when I try to do it as DM, it crashes, this include the Modules of CEP that comes with the download, the one I was starting to work, an old one I have, however, I can connect to any other module, including Pretty Good Character Creator version CEP (from the vault). The issue is only when connecting as DM.

I have a Intel Pentium D CPU 3GHz, 4GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT with 1GB ram. Also running the game with all expansions and 1.69 update version, with CEP 2.4a. Operatie system is Windows 7 Ultima 64-bits, the game is in unit C: C/NeverwinterNights/NWN.

Any idea what could be?

mannedoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can’t load DM Client [solved, kept for reference]

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm

It's possible that the module you are trying to log into as DM has too many object blueprints (placeables, creatures, doors, etc.). Even using a hak to get around the 16k resource limit, blueprints in haks combine with module blueprints in number for DMs...which has it's own 16k limit.

Can you modify the module to take cep2_add_sb out of the content list, then run it and see if you can log in?
The Amethyst Dragon
Custom Content Wyrm

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Post by mannedoc on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Thank you for your reply Dragon, but didn’t work.
I removed that hak, cep2_add_sb and crashed. Later tried removing several others: cep2_build, Cep2_crp_s, cep2_custom (i understand is empty) and still crashing.

mannedoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mannedoc on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Hello again,
I got it now, once you know the solution is quite simple, a friend of mine (Gulwulf) from NWNCampaigns.com had the same trouble and he pointed me out the solution:
Gulfwulf wrote:Are you running NWN.exe as an admin and in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, Mannedoc? Also, try making a shortcut to nwmain.exe and add the -dmc switch to it so the target looks something like this: "E:\Games\NWN\nwmain.exe -dmc"
Hope that helps if somebody else finds this issue. Thanks again Dragon.

mannedoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top