CEP Recruitment Responses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CEP Recruitment Responses

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:34 am

Just a handy thread for those responding to the call out for volunteers to join the CEP Team.
The Amethyst Dragon
Custom Content Wyrm

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Re: CEP Recruitment Responses

Post by Tyndrel on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:14 am

I'm a late comer to the CC creation business and a noob at best, however, I'd be pleased to help in any role that my meagre talents will allow. jocolor
Tyndrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:30 am

I can do some stuff. I have done 2da stuff and I have merged .tlk. entries and I have minor scripting skills done mostly through trial and error...lol..I'll help where I can. Just let me know and I will tell you if I can do it or not.

AD...you should assign tasks to people who volunteer - this is the ONLY way things will move forward.
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

volunteering

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:21 am

Count me in. I have experience in ADMIN help having been one on the CCP.

I could ensure spam is kept off the boards. I could be a laison with the Team leaders and answer questions on the boards for those team members too busy to do so. As you all know..I love to comment Wink

I do have the knowledge to merge 2da and .tlk - I don't think I am so bad at it.

WE should do piece-meal work. Someone say..."ok Imtherealthing I need you to merge 10 new creatures to the current CEP and show me if you do indeed know how"...and once it has been checked over...it gets approval and is now included for the next update and I can now be the official 2da guy for creatures. This would also include adding in the .tlk entires if there are any and models to their respective CEP haks.
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Borden Ha'elven on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:56 am

You've already got a bit of my work in the CEP (Tapestries) I've been working up my skills in 3DSMax on placeables, doors and tiles. While I'm not in the premier league I'm sure you could find something for me. I also seem to have a knack for making NWN do stuff it wasn't designed to via scripting. Feel free to check out my Vault stuff for bits you like.
Borden Ha'elven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kalbaern on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:55 pm

Since I'd been harping for this to happen, I'd be remiss not to volunteer.

Scripting, 2da and TLK editting/merging I can handle at the moment. I'll let ya know how my foray into the world of modelling pans out as I have just recently begun to dabble.

I'd also be more than willing to act as a reporter to keep the general public up to date.

kalbaern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eeriegeek on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 pm

I can help with scripting, integration work, general stuff. Not so much with fancy graphics or modeling.
eeriegeek

View user profile http://www.isleclostridia.net

Back to top Go down

Maybe this is of use...

Post by Razmo on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:29 am

Hi.. pretty new to the scene, though I've been messing with NWN since it came out. I've been doing a few placeables in the past an started on a tileset (Pyramid interior) some years back that unfortunately was not finished, but I've got plans on doing that in the near future.

Currently I'm doing an adventure that I want to finish before starting with custom content, but I was wondering if you'd like material on a "free basis"... that is, take in content when it's done and without deadlines and such? I'm not good with timelines, so it would be best to just drop in with content when it's actualy done.

Anyways, I've got these if they are any interrest:

I find that NWN has way too few portraits to use with the story line, so I made these and handfinished them removing any background by hand to get some consistency. I plan on doing many more of these... both monsters and NPCs. If this has any interrest, let me know. They are all edited images found on the net, just so that you know.

Razmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baragg on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Count me in for scripting if needed, I am no FunkySwerve but I know int from string. Uh, sorta.

Baragg

View user profile http://www.smnwn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maddogfargo on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Sadly, 3D modeling and tilesets is where I am weakest.

For those who might be interested in helping with the tileset models. Some of the tools you will need:

Clean Models: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=1151

Tile Snip: *Could not find*

Blender: http://www.blender.org/ (* Optional, for custom model tweaking)

maddogfargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheExcimer-500 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Hey... I heard you need a hand. Wink

Thanks for keeping this project going, Barry (and others - not sure who is still around or who's new).

Ex-500
(yep, it's me)

TheExcimer-500
CEP Team Member
CEP Team Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley59 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:19 am

Nice to see you. Very Happy

Harley59
CEP Team Member
CEP Team Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:09 am

Brownie model work:

Between posts here asking for it and requests for it as part of the Custom Content Challenge for this month, I finally did some investigating/problem solving. The model solution was surprisingly simple (once I figured it out) and doesn't require thousands of new clothing/armor parts like I feared. It does require changing the wing/tail scale in appearance.2da to 0.45 instead of 0.6.

I'll email the files for this once I finish making what appears to be 7 needed "dummy" cloak models for each of the phenotypes & genders. I might have to redo some robe models, we'll see after I do some in-game testing. Who should I send them to?

Spoiler:
The Amethyst Dragon
Custom Content Wyrm

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pstemarie on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Barry_1066 wrote:current needs - and I can use all your help and energy - but currently i need...

Modelers - to punch holes in doors, fix/make/improve models - i have made better skins and am good at that but need an expert to remap the model. I wish to make brand new models for the Cthulhu mythos - fix, remake or whatever, elephants, rabbits and so on, to be better looking and more natural - which in some cases may require an animator.

Sorry if I'm a bit off-topic, but have you taken a look at the "tessellate" modifier? I've found it quite handy for improving the overall look of many models. While it does increase the polycount, such increases are usually neglible in terms of their affect upon the game. Furthermore, using tessellate you also usually don't have to remap the model.
Pstemarie

View user profile http://www.qnwn.net/home/

Back to top Go down

Post by maddogfargo on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Since shutting down my servers I have a little free time. Could someone point me to updated links for the modeling and tileset tools that work best with NWN/Tilesets?

I taught myself NWScript in a few weeks with the Lexicon. With access to good tools and good documentation perhaps I could learn enough to be of some use on the tileset issue.

maddogfargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyndrel on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:47 am

Here's a link to the list of custom content tutorials: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/191/index/7554077

Custom content tools: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/191/index/3124699

Do you qualify for a free copy of 3DS Max: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/191/index/6990682

jocolor
Tyndrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maddogfargo on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks guys. LOTS of good stuff there...more than I hoped for actually. Smile

Was familiar with some of it, but the extras and some of the more up to date tools are new and hopefully will be very useful

As is the case with nearly all contributors, I work full time and have RL concerns. But NWN has always been a favorite so if I can help out in my spare time I'd be happy to contribute. Just need to start digging through the tileset, modeling and texture tools and tutorials to see how they work.

Thanks again! Very Happy

PS - While looking around for additional tutorials I also found this nice You Tube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NWNTutorials/videos

maddogfargo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 420 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello everyone. Good to see that the CEP team is still active. People stopped coming to the weekly meetings awhile ago so I figured everyone had moved on.

What's up?

CEP Team Member
CEP Team Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyndrel on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:29 am

Barry, did you ever receive my PM?
Tyndrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 420 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:38 am

Barry_1066 wrote:sorry 420, late response, was in the hospital for a bit - working on 2.5 - we should all have a meeting *nods*
Sorry to hear about the hospital, spent some time there myself recently.

Glad to hear that a new CEP update is in the works! Currently getting settled into my new job but I should be available for any work you need done. My wife Throbblefoot is also ready and willing to help, as always.

What's a good day for meeting up?

If anyone is around I'll try to be logged into my server from 5-8pm (PST) all next week, Nov. 26-30.

Game Type: Social
Server: ThrobbleServ
Mod: Smith Hold

Stop by to chat if you're able. CEP members should all still have access to the CEP meeting area. If you don't get a "CEP Team Gem" when you enter, just send me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

CEP Team Member
CEP Team Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top