A Mass Battlesystem...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Mass Battlesystem...

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm getting together soon with a bunch of friends to play a AD&D Pen and Paper Game.

I have the AD&D "Battle System" boxed set. I haven't played it in years and I want to introduce a mass battle in our game. Just wondering if anyone ever played this "Battles System" before and if they did...have you ever created a program that calculates all the stuff to make it move and play faster?

I guess what I really would like is if there is someone out there who knows how to script or make a calculator of sort or program that you can input stats into a program or calculator (AC, damage, Race and Class modifiers, terrain and weather modififers, etc) based on 2nd ED. AD&D or something close to it and let me know where I can find a program like this. I have done searches on the web and "nada"...no calculators or even mass battlesystems anywhere to download. Anyone know of any or know how to create something like this?

It would be cool and fun to have. Perhaps even script something into NWN to do this. Picture PC's sitting in a room and by chosing from a conversation menu choices that perhaps costs gold to make - I.e a purchase of a catapult costing 300 gp or purchase a regular infantry unit for 2000 gp. One can build an army and then a script takes all your information and feeds it into a random battle plan or you can play against another PC...and you can decide a battle from a command room....just throwing this out...think of the neat possibilities one can have with this...perhaps even have the armies pop up in a battle field along with the sienge engines etc...
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mass Battlesystem...

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 pm

This would be cool...something along these lines:

http://t20.xocomp.net/GMH/quickcombatgenerator.htm

can't download it, but the idea is there
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:23 pm

A COMBAT Generator is what I guess I'm looking for.
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top