Here's one (or two) I made earlier.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Here's one (or two) I made earlier.

Post by Tyndrel on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:53 am

Posts from the old suggestion thread.

Hi folks,

just a couple of tileset suggestions...

GHI Aethyr Tileset by Timdalos

Absolutely stunning set for those places in between worlds/planes etc.

and...

Midgard Rural by Big Bene

This
actually looks like a real rural landscape with an assortment of crops,
perhaps these could be added to the CEP expanded rural set. At the end
of his Readme he specifically says “Feel free, however, to use it, copy
it, change it, distribute it etc. in any way you want”.

Thanks for everything,

Tyndrel.

Last edited by Tyndrel on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed links)
Tyndrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's one (or two) I made earlier.

Post by Tyndrel on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:56 am

Primitive Weapons by Nexorcist

my goblins are just itching to get their grubby little hands on these.

jocolor

Last edited by Tyndrel on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed links)
Tyndrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:07 am

I just hope Tyndrel that people don't just keep "suggesting" and like in the past wonderful content is NEVER added. We should stop this...and just do it...we need comitted people to just add content. We need an approval board and as soon as something is suggested...that we as a rule vote on it and give feed back to the community as to whether or not it will be added. We should even have a "POLL" section where people can VOTE on content to be added on this forum. It would expidiate the process of inclusion or exclusion based on popularity. And once it has passed a bench mark of say 70% who like it - then it is added on the next update. And we need feed back from the new CEP admins within 3 days as a rule. If this is a problem for the current CEP team...I say we add people as admins who could answer questions and we need accountability from the team...this is a "community" project.
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Tyndrel wrote:Posts from the old suggestion thread.

Hi folks,

just a couple of tileset suggestions...

GHI Aethyr Tileset by Timdalos

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ha ... il&id=7386

Absolutely stunning set for those places in between worlds/planes etc.

and...

Midgard Rural by Big Bene

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ha ... il&id=6112

This
actually looks like a real rural landscape with an assortment of crops,
perhaps these could be added to the CEP expanded rural set. At the end
of his Readme he specifically says “Feel free, however, to use it, copy
it, change it, distribute it etc. in any way you want”.

Thanks for everything,

Tyndrel.

These links are broken - try adding them again
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyndrel on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Imtherealthing wrote:I just hope Tyndrel that people don't just keep "suggesting" and like in the past wonderful content is NEVER added. We should stop this...and just do it...we need comitted people to just add content. We need an approval board and as soon as something is suggested...that we as a rule vote on it and give feed back to the community as to whether or not it will be added. We should even have a "POLL" section where people can VOTE on content to be added on this forum. It would expidiate the process of inclusion or exclusion based on popularity. And once it has passed a bench mark of say 70% who like it - then it is added on the next update. And we need feed back from the new CEP admins within 3 days as a rule. If this is a problem for the current CEP team...I say we add people as admins who could answer questions and we need accountability from the team...this is a "community" project.

Links fixed.

As regards content being added, I have always thought that the CEP team have done a fine job with many wonderful things included. I suspect the process is a little more complex than your post implies and we have seen the unfortunate repercussions that come from one mistake in a thousand. I've been involved with projects run by an assortment of "communities", decisions are, by definition, communal, and things rarely happen at the sort of speed you suggest.

P.S. I'm adopting this little guy --> jocolor <--
Tyndrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:26 am

Barry_1066 wrote:CEP has to work WELL - not just become a cludge that slows systems down and makes NWN unplayable.

Decisions on content is not just -- OH LOOK SHINNY - OHHHHHH -- and we put it in.

There are 2da limitations on weapons and shields -- in fact there is no room for new shields as i remember except possibly a very few spots in the small shield slot, MAYBE.

Weapons are, after 1.69, about maxed out.

Tilesets require work - EXPERT work -- to add and a large amount of time -- so it is not just a - YEA do that.

Many projects, not all, but many, require fixing or other technical gyrations to work with CEP and THEN - tested for stability. Environments to test are NOT little modules but huge PWs were limits are being pushed and problems with materials tend to be featured more easily.

Things MUST run in a multi person gaming environment - many things work fine solo but put them in multi game and all hell breaks loose.

There is no way such things can be done quickly or easily - yes putting in ADs glowing gems would be a no brainer easy add and some materials are like that but many are not.

Then there are permissions - have any of you ever tried to get permissions for CEP material? It is not easy in some cases - in others it is but one cannot just go - Ohhhh Shinny and grab it and stuff it - does not work like that.

That's why I said we should do a NEW CEP version. Strip out stuff we don't like as a community from the CEP (vote as a community) etc...and really do a SIDE PROJECT for a NEW CEP....while still keeping this CEP for the existing PW's. At one point the current CEP will not be able to add anymore...this is a FACT....so why not just create a new one...cleaned real nicely...no blueprints (leave it to the creators to make thier own - thus saving more space), no duplicate models, etc...we could really get new energy going here...sometimes we just need to start afresh...while still maintaining the regular CEP versions for existing PW's...as for the space it takes on hardrives...come on..with all the hardrives that can carry 1,000's more GB than we have in the past...that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Imtherealthing on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:30 am

Barry_1066 wrote:CEP rule #3 which i did not mention before since it was not necessary - ONE (1) download.

CEP will not break into two products.
CEP will not add extra confusion to the community.
CEP is not at any major limits (with the noted exception of shields and weapons) since 1.69 added 16 million or if a neg. bit was set, 32 million extra 2da lines for many things.
CEP will not make a separate new version as described above since it:

A) Violates rules set for the CEP when founded.
B) Breaks promises made to the community based on those rules.
C) Add a second project to the workload.
D) Divides the community into two - the NEW & the Old.

Those are not placed here for discussion - i place them so all will know WHY this will NOT happen - no discussion or argument will change this - it is as it is.

I know some wish to argue with CEP policy - The CEP Team has not and does not discuss decisions with the community just for that reason - it is not open for change, it is not on the floor for discussion. These rules are absolute for the CEP Team -- they assure those using CEP that their projects are secure.

Barry you stubborn old goat...lol

I am not attacking the CEP or you. I am throwing out ideas. As you know I was always loyal to you and the CEP and will be so as long as the CEP exists. I am not saying to give up on the CEP that exists now...what would it hurt to just do this other project on the side? I know there is ONE argument you made that is vaild in my mind - that of it taking time from the existing CEP to do this other CEP project. Don't be so stubborn and "fixed" ....sometimes we need to do things differently. AGAIN...I am not saying give up on the existing CEP and that this new CEP is going to be a rival CEP because it is still "CEP"...this NEW CEP will be better and cleaner. Besides the "extra time" it would take to do this... how could this hurt the CEP in any way?
Imtherealthing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyndrel on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Having laid down the policies that Barry stated above if you then do something different and break that trust how are you supposed to get anyone to trust you ever again? CEP is just fine as it is and, speaking as someone who was half way though a solo mod when it went from 1.* to 2, I really would not want anyone else to go through that.

jocolor
Tyndrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top