Missing Resources - Models

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing Resources - Models

Post by Roger Dodger on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:38 am

I have CEP v2.61 installed. I need Tiny Spiders for an encounter in a MOD I am building. In the 'Creatures/Custom/Monsters/Insects/Spiders' list are a couple that sound like what I am looking for: 'Giant Spider Tiny' and 'Giant Spiderling'. 'Painting' the 'Giant Spider Tiny' paints a 'normal' size Giant Spider. The 'Spiderling' won't paint at all.

Editing the 'Giant Spider Tiny' appearance gives a list that contains one entry called 'Spider: Giant_Tiny* (Storvik)'. Selecting that one gives an Error: "The Model for the specified appearance was not available" [OK], and no model shows in the window.

Editing the 'Giant Spiderling' first gives an 'Access Violation' and complains about the resource exists in one or more haks [OK]. The editing panel does come up, but with no appearance in the window. Selecting the 'Spiderling, Giant* (Solomoni)' appearance from the list gives the same Error about no model.

Checking the Vault, I find HakPaks by both indicated authors dating to Oct. of 2002. Storvik's hak is called 'Spider Squad', and Solomini's is called 'Spiderling'. I'm assuming that these haks are the ones imported into CEP (probably since CEPv1.something).

Where are the models for all the spider appearances marked with an '*' ? None of them have a model! OR do I need to do something (besides 'Refresh Palette') to access them?

BTW, are the Moderators still moderating this Forum? I haven't seen any replies to any queries since around Feb 2015.

Last edited by Roger Dodger on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed quotes for clarification)

Roger Dodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing Resources - Models

Post by Roger Dodger on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:08 am

Forgot to mention that the model for 'Stirges' (Cave Stirge) is also missing. Original 'Cave Stirge' by Lathspell dates back to 11/8/2002. I'm again assuming that this is the file used in CEP and it did work in an early edition of CEP. What's happened to the models? How do I get the Cave Stirge to work (it is listed in the Creature/Custom Palette of CEPv2.61)?

Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarathustra217 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:50 am

I've checked and can't reproduce any of the errors you mention. Could it perhaps be that you've not attached the CEP haks properly? Does the issue occur if you use the unmodified "CEP - Starter 260" module?

Zarathustra217
Content Contributor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger Dodger on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Zarathustra217 wrote:I've checked and can't reproduce any of the errors you mention. Could it perhaps be that you've not attached the CEP haks properly? Does the issue occur if you use the unmodified "CEP - Starter 260" module?

I did not try the "CEP - Starter 260", perhaps I should (I can always delete unwanted areas, then save the mod under a different name)

I started building a NEW module (with one Area001), then attaching the haks in the order given in "The Book of Instructions" on the CEP Forum. I put the 'cep_top_2_60.hak' at the top of the list. I don't remember if I did a 'Build' on the mod or not. If not, that may be the problem. I did 'Refresh' the Custom CEP Creatures Palette.

May be, not 'Building' the mod after attaching all the haks is causing 'problems'. I'll try that again, and get back to you.

BTW, CEP 2.1 works just ducky - ALL the Spiders and the Stirges have models, and paint properly. I remember that I did do a 'Build' with that mod.

Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm also not able to replicate this, as I'm seeing all the spiders properly in the toolset. I'm using 2.62.
The Amethyst Dragon
Custom Content Wyrm: CEP 2.60+

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top